Magento 2 Facebook Conversion and Audience Pixel Tracking
Table of Contents
- General Settings
- Analyze Data with Facebook Events Manager
- Facebook Events Manager Graph
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Category Page
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Product Page
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Cart Page
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Checkout page
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Payment Page
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Success Page
- Installation via app/code: Upload the content of the module to your root folder. This will not overwrite the existing Magento folder or files, only the new contents will be added. After the successful upload of the package, run below commands on Magento 2 root directory.
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Installation via Composer: Please follow the guide provided in the below link to complete the installation via composer.
Go to Admin > Stores > Configuration > Scommerce Configuration > Facebook Conversion Tracking
- Enabled – Select “Yes” or “No” to enable or disable the module.
- License Key – Please add the license for the extension which is provided in the order confirmation email. Please note license keys are site URL specific. If you require license keys for dev/staging sites then please email us at [email protected]
- New Facebook Tracking Enabled – Set yes to enable Facebook new pixel tracking or Remarketing tag https://developers.facebook.com/docs/ads-for-websites/tag/api/
- Audience Pixel Tag Id – Enter Custom Audience Pixel Id. This applies to old as well as new Facebook tracking.
- Dynamic Product Ads Enabled – Set yes to enable the Dynamic Product Ads http://en-gb.facebook.com/business/help/www/455326144628161
- Remarketing Default Value – Enter default value for events where value can’t be defined like CompleteRegistration, Search (only used for new Facebook tracking)
- Always Send Parent SKU – Set “Yes” then it always send parent sku instead of child sku to facebook
- Enable GDPR Cookie Check – Select "Yes" or "No" to enable/disable GDPR Cookie Check
- GDPR Cookie Key – You can add name of your GDPR cookie here for our GDPR extension the name of cookie key is marketing_cookie but if you are using other GDPR extension then please check with extension developer
- Analyze Data with Facebook Events Manager - Facebook Business Manager gathered enough information so that you can analyze data using event log, which shows how many times the tracker has been fired.
- Facebook Events Manager Graph - You can view the event log and graph in Facebook business manager with all the events view details.
The module is GDPR compliant which can work with both our/third party GDPR modules. You can enable the GDPR support within the module so that the tracking doesent work without users consent.
To enable GDPR support go to Stores>Configuration>Scommerce Configuration>Facebook Conversion Tracking and set 'Enable GDPR cookie check' to 'Yes' then set 'Force decline' to 'Yes' and provide the GDPR cookie name in the 'GDPR Cookie Key' inputbox. If you are using our GDPR module then the cookie name is 'marketing_cookie' but if you are using other GDPR extension then please check with extension developer. Once the setting is complete unless the customer accepts the cookie the facebook tracking won't fire.
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Category Page - The extension offers all standard trackers that Facebook uses. When the category page is viewed then it shows page view with event info, which you can see in the below image.
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Product Page - When a key page is viewed such as a product page, e.g. landing on a product detail page. Provides detailed product information (such as Prices, SKU's, Currencies and Categories) for Dynamic Product Ads. You can enable dynamic product ads from Admin > Stores > Configuration > Scommerce Configuration > Facebook Conversion Tracking > Dynamic Products Ads Enabled - "Yes".
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Cart Page - When a product is added to the shopping cart, then it tracks the cart event.
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Checkout page - It tracks checkout , when a user clicks on checkout button.
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Payment Page - It tracks AddPaymentInfo when a payment information is added in the checkout flow, e.g. click on payment method.
- Facebook Pixel Tag on the Success Page - When a purchase is made or checkout flow is completed, e.g. landing on thank you/success page, provides detailed order information such as Order Value and Cart Items.
If you have a question related to this extension please check out our FAQ Section first. If you can't find the answer you are looking for then please contact [email protected].
Last modified 4mo ago