Magento 2 VAT Exemption
Table of Contents
- Declaration Statement on Order View Page
- VAT Exemption Details on Order View Page
- VAT Exemption Option for Admin Orders
- VAT Exempt Form on the Cart Page
- VAT Exempt Message on the Cart Page
- VAT Exempt Option on the Checkout Page
- VAT Exempt Discount
- Shipping VAT…
- VAT Exempt Discount on the Front-end
- VAT Exempt Declaration Statement on the Front-end
- Installation via app/code: Upload the content of the module to your root folder. This will not overwrite the existing Magento folder or files, only the new contents will be added. After the successful upload of the package, run below commands on Magento 2 root directory.
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Installation via Composer: Please follow the guide provided in the below link to complete the installation via composer.
Go to Admin > Stores > Configuration > Scommerce Configuration > Vat Exempt Settings
- Enabled - Select “Yes” or “No” to enable or disable the module.
- License Key - Please add the license for the extension which is provided in the order confirmation email. Please note license keys are site URL specific. If you require license keys for dev/staging sites then please email us at [email protected]
- Shipping VAT Exempt - Please Select "Yes/No" to include or exclude shipping from VAT exemption (Default - No).
- Declaration Statement - Please provide declaration statement. This will be shown in admin along with order details and on the frontend checkout page.
- VAT Exempt Title - Please provide title. This will be shown on the checkout page before VAT Exempt message and declaration form (Default - VAT Exempt).
- Basket VAT Exempt Message - Please add VAT exempt message. This will be shown on the cart/basket page.
- VAT Exempt Message - Please provide VAT Exempt message. This will be shown on the checkout page under VAT exempt section to users who are applying for VAT exemption. (Default - VAT Exempt products are in your basket so if you are disable or from eligible charity then you should be able to claim VAT exemption from here).
- Terms and Condition Message - Please provide terms and conditions message. This will be shown on the checkout pages along with checkbox on VAT exempt declaration form.
- Use Reason as Text Input- Set "Yes" to allow customers to enter their own custom reasons without selecting from the dropdown list
- Show VAT Exempt - Set "Yes" to show vat exempt form on the checkout otherwise it will be hidden.
- Next button text- Use this setting to change text for “Next” button on the checkout page.
- Apply button text- Use this setting to change text for “Apply VAT exempt” button on the checkout page.
- Cancel button text- SUse this setting to change text for “Cancel VAT exempt” button on the checkout page.
- More info area- Set "Yes" to add more information about VAT exemption for your customers
You can create and manage reasons for VAT Exemption from the backend, Admin > VAT Exempt > Reasons > Vat Exempt Reasons. This grid will have columns like, ID, Reason, Status, Action, along with create new button to add new reason.
- Create New Reason - To create new reason from the backend, go to Admin > VAT Exempt > Reasons > click "Create New" and set below configuration.
- Reason : Add the reason title
- Sort Order: Enter sort order
- Status: Select reason status
- Declaration Statement on Order View Page - You can see the declaration statement and VAT exemption details on the order view page at, Sales > Orders > Select Order > View.
- VAT Exemption Details on Order View Page - In the screen grab you can see the Vat exempted amount under ''Order Totals’’ section.
_000000144 Orders Operations Sales Magento Admin (2).png
- VAT Exemption Option for Admin Orders - For admin orders you can apply for Vat exemption by checking “Apply Vat Exempt” option from Sales > Orders > Create New Order > Select Customer > Add Products > Vat Exemption – check “Apply Vat Exempt”.
- Include or Exclude Product - To include/exclude store products for the VAT exemption, go to Catalog > Product > Select Product > Edit > VAT Exempt - ''Yes/No''.
- VAT Exempt Option on the Cart Page - Apply for Vat Exempt option appears on the cart page and when user opts for this option, then it opens the form on the checkout page after the shipping details to add the required information.
- VAT Exempt Message on the Cart Page – You can display VAT exempt message on the cart page from Admin > Stores > Configuration > Scommerce Configuration > Vat Exempt Settings > Basket VAT Exempt Message – add message, the added message will be shown on the cart page.
- VAT Exempt Form on the Checkout Page - When the user enables the module and adds a VAT exempted product to cart then "Apply for Vat Exempt" option appears on the checkout page and check on this option opens the form. On the form “Apply VAT Exempt” and once applied, “Cancel VAT Exempt” buttons are available for VAT exemption claim.
- VAT Exempt Discount - You can see the exempted amount on the checkout page under ''Order Summary'' section.
- Shipping Vat - You can enable shipping Vat exempt by selecting “Yes” for “Shipping VAT Exempt” from Admin > Stores > Configuration > Scommerce Configuration> Vat Exempt Settings > Shipping VAT Exempt - “Yes”. In the below image you can see the exempted Vat is £ 3.05 (Shipping Tax (.41) + Tax (2.64)).
- VAT Exempt Discount on the Front-end - You can view the VAT exemption information on the front-end under ''My Orders'' section.
You can see the VAT exempt declaration statement under My Account > My Order section.
If you have a question related to this extension please check out our FAQ section first. If you can't find the answer you are looking for then please contact [email protected].